Alunmi Home Page
Safety is a strong concern for both
participants and spectators
and has been addressed resulting
in the following regulations.
- The vehicle used for any participant must be registered
with the parade chairman Robert Stringer at
Stringer Funeral Home. Phone (603) 543-3146.
- The float height can not exceed 13'6" and the width can not exceed 9'.
- The float will be inspected during the week of June 11-16 at the float building site unless
other arrangements have been made with the committee. Please CALL (603) 543-3146
for an APPOINTMENT.
- Children riding on a float (12 years or younger) MUST have
- Participants wishing to distribute candy to the crowd
must do so by walking along the route so as not to tempt a child to
come too close to a moving vehicle thus eliminating the possibility
of a child being pushed or falling under any unit. Candy
is NOT to be thrown from any parade vehicle.
- NO water, water balloons, water pistols, fireworks,
or alcohol beverages are permitted on any float. Unruly
behavior will not be tolerated.
IF any of the above is evident, the Stevens Alumni officers
and/or Parade Committee staff have the right to stop the float and pull
it out of the parade. It will not be able to continue in
- Line-up Time for the parade is 8:00 a.m. Parade start
time is 10:30 a.m.
- The Parade will line up on Broad Street from the
telephone building and Dr. Bacon's office to Chestnut Street.
- Judging of the floats will be done on Saturday between 9 and 10 a.m.
along the parade line-up on Broad Street.
- PUBLIC, PLEASE NOTE. Spectators are expected to show proper
behavior and respect for the hours of work that classes have put into
producing a float for the public's pleasure.
Back to Alumni Home Page